Calathea Makoyana is also known as a Peacock Plant or Cathedral Windows because of the beautiful patterning on its leaves. This is definitely a plant to add to your plant collection.
Paired with a 'potted' ceramic planter in eucalypt - this would make a thoughtful gift.
- bright filtered light
- humidity and warmth
- avoid draft and drop in temperature
- moist soil, do not stand in water
- stand your pot on a tray with pebbles, the water that drains through the pot will remain there and help to create the humid conditions that they like - do not let the bottom of the pot sit in water
- mist leaves with water
- fertilise spring - summer with a diluted dose every 4 weeks
- do not use leaf shine - this can cause leaf browning